Friday, January 21, 2011

29


I'm not one for celebrating my own birthday or trying to get other people to acknowledge it and do something for me on my birthday.  My family never made that big of a deal about birthdays so I've just gotten used to not making any kind of a fuss about it either.  It wasn't until I met my husband that we started to really celebrate my birthday and he always goes above and beyond to make me feel special. 
Hubs and my goal in life is to live a very NORMAL life... no roller coaster rides for us, please... to just live a normal, low-key, happy life, and most importantly to provide such an environment for J to grow up in and be showered with lots of love.  It sounds easy, but if you think about it, it's actually quite difficult to achieve. 

More than anything, I tend to think of all the things I'm thankful for on my birthday (which is weird because I never really think about things I am thankful of on Thanksgiving haha) and I'm really thankful for having such a happy and loving family, health, for J coming into our lives, having a roof over our heads and financial stability in this depressing economy, and for having such wonderful in-laws (esp the BESTESTEST brother-in-law in the world). 

In the coming year (wow this is starting to sound more like a new year's post haha but I can't help it, my birthday falls in January!) I look forward to: many family trips and making memories to last us a lifetime, to J's first birthday, making new friends, and maybe even be blessed with another addition our family. 

Here's to the best year in my 20s! (last year will be pretty tough to beat, though! ^^)

3 comments:

  1. awww yay for turning 29! And I think your goal of having a happy, healthy family life is the bestest thing that anyone could ever wish for...but yes, it's so hard to achieve!

    ReplyDelete